"Waiting for the mail " will never be the same for me. It has taken on a truly different meaning. My Blog topic- "My Heart is Broken, I'm waiting for my new one to come in the mail"- is a statement by a child that truly was waiting for a new heart.
Mya
Photo by Michael Prince Michael Prince
After spending months in the hospital, Mya knew all about each of her wires and its function.
Read about heart transplant here http://www.choa.org/hearttransplant
With the issue of USPS Saturday delivery still not determined, I am reminded of the days when there was no Saturday delivery- and one just waited until next day delivery of mail, on Monday. In today's world of immediency; one may find it hard to believe you even have to wait for mail with electronic gadgets that all of use to keep in constant contact. Can you even find ANYONE in your circle that writes a hand written letter any longer? I can.. but that's another blog topic.. of course.
Friends of ours have been talking about their great neice, Mya. She has been waiting for a heart transplant… and as you can imagine, there is a LONG wait for this - for anyone. She is an adorable child, young, bright and full of hope.
Mya recently received her transplant, and this is an article that will give ANYONE who reads it a different outlook about "waiting for the arrival of mail". . . . I promise, you will smile in the end with patience waiting lessons learned from Mya.
See her story at:
So, in Mya’s case, waiting for the mail was truly a necessity. Do you have a favorite waiting for the mail story? I’d love to hear about it.!
Namaste.
Ellen

WOW. What a story! Thank you for sharing, Ellen!
ReplyDelete