Today, I write about an anniversary of a loss of our most precious kitty, Benny.
Recently, a one year anniversary past of the loss of my most precious feline species Soul mate, Benny. Benny the Cat, was 18 years old, and had magic large paws which he used for constant Paws on Therapy. He was the softest kitty around… with everyone exclaiming “Oh- He is so Soft"! His stripes would rival a tiger, and his tender shy friendliness and love made one feel they were never alone. He was admired and love by all who knew him. Benny was an abandoned stray, from a shelter in Sterling, Massachusetts. He was the only kitty in the shelter not in a cage, as he meowed so much- it was his ticket out to attract attentions and his ticket out of the shelter! We adopted him Immediately.
| How Many Piggies? |
In life, he was a rather strong silent type.Benny was our Chief Kitty; in charge- of everything it seemed; kitty neighborhood watch, eating with us at family time; being first up in bed for slumber time. He was a source from which much of our joy, laughter, lightheartedness, healings, unconditional love and friendship came from. Upon his rescue, Benny became larger than life and a true source of spirit and essence or pure love.
| Benny soaking up winter sun shine om Gram's blanket & Fuzzy thing |
Benny was 18 years old, and still a fabulously handsome Ginger spice/Marmalade/Hemingway's polydactyl kitty with 28 digits - yes- so many it was hard to count. He gave to us such unconditional love; I dare say I've yet to meet barely many humans that could even match his many gifts to us.
| Benny following the western sunshine- his afternoon favorite spot |
Before Benny's passing, I read the book Going Home...Finding Peace When Pets Die by Jon Katz. It is a must to read for anyone facing the loss or impending difficult times with your pets.
Find it at Jon's site here: http://www.bedlamfarm.com/books-and-writing/going-home-finding-peace-when-pets-die/
It’s been a year... almost to the date of loosing him.
| Benny Sun and Shadow |
I'm still full of sadness & sorrow. They say with Mercy, comes Courage. Yet, I don’t feel full up today with any more such Courage; to watch any living thing depart this earth is so terribly painful.
However, I do ask myself; what were the lessons learned? I know that preparing for every possible outcome is just never doable in any situation.
However, I do ask myself; what were the lessons learned? I know that preparing for every possible outcome is just never doable in any situation.
| Benny with his soon to be knitted kitty alpaca/silk prayer afghan |
As Benny's medical condition changed, he required adjunct fluids, thru his skin; to help his appetite and to be kinder on his kitty system. Dr, David Redmond, of All Creatures Mobile, and Miss Kate; Benny’s human kitty angel helped Benny face his last remaining year of challenges with diabetes. Dr. Dave and dear Sweet Kate, afforded Benny an additional year of quality life as a kitty. Without them both, we would have been lost, and the quality of Ben's life; vastly different.
As I returned to my journal writing of last year, Benny had one Last Purrfect Day; as the author; John afforded his beloved dog as well in Going Home. I just did not know it was going to be Benny’s last day of this earthly living.
| Benny with his Magic Paws Fully Captured ! |
As I returned to my journal writing of last year, Benny had one Last Purrfect Day; as the author; John afforded his beloved dog as well in Going Home. I just did not know it was going to be Benny’s last day of this earthly living.
So I ask, “What would you do to have a perfect day?
| Ellen & Benny fireplace snuggling |
Namaste.
PostScript: As I was finishing this post, I see the Schoep, John Unger's 20 year old best companion has past. There is no doubt, John; gave Schoep more than one last perfect day. My heart and tears with healing goes out to John this day and then plenty more. For more on Schoep passing see John and Schoep facebook page:
PostScript: As I was finishing this post, I see the Schoep, John Unger's 20 year old best companion has past. There is no doubt, John; gave Schoep more than one last perfect day. My heart and tears with healing goes out to John this day and then plenty more. For more on Schoep passing see John and Schoep facebook page:




No comments:
Post a Comment