As we leave the harshness of January’s weather beating endlessly behind, we round the corner toward the ever so essential awareness month that gets to The Heart Of The Matter; the reason for my first post and blog, ever.
Today starts February- which is American Heart Month. Yes, you know.. or do you not remember? That's my point. It's not just to make sure you hear if Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow to forecast more winter or an early spring? Does anyone still truly care? I dare say "yes" though most people won't admit to it.. but it's an aha moment of realizing that there is still is time for further hibernation of wintertime; time for inner growth and renewal.
Yes, it's AMERICAN HEART MONTH. So you say? I'm fine. I'm within my BMI. I'm not overweight, or maybe a tad... So, do I have to worry? And what is all the buz that is happening now; and what can I do about it? Within easy reach is - 

get yourself to the Go Red at Macy's Wear Red Sale, Feb. 2-6. At least if your wearing red, even red lipstick, it's a talking point. Or join the "Go Red" Twitter Party at 8PM February 2nd. Must be more though, beyond the seemingly outer-body superficial reach?
Plenty. This is the reason I decided to start a new year albeit somewhat late-new post today. I'm an endless cardiac committed work-out survivor. As I was performing my "hearts" required cardio-elliptical for an hour today; I questioned what could I do today to perhaps make a difference outside of myself- to reach out and encourage more women to realize that we must always attend to matters of the heart, as our heart is always silently calling out to us.
We owe it to ourselves as women and mothers to all to continue to learn about heart disease and attempt to stop the No. 1 Killer in America. As women, our hearts are always wide open, and overflowing; giving out more than we take in.
It's time to use the remainder of this winter to re-fuel our self, not giving away what we don't have.
So; how does one get to the Heart of the Matter? Just get started! Your pure recognition that this is essential to our heart, is to take a step toward our own empowerment by cultivating the matters of our heart that need help! WE have the present moment, the now. Get started, get moving. It's way past resolutions; and time to not look back, but look forward.
Cultivating Heart Matter Suggestions:
Step 1. Learn how to Breathe Again. No matter how many times I do my daily ritual of yoga and mediation, I of often have to re-center myself; and go back to the basics of correct breathing. Often, as we exercise we hold our breath and we don't even realize it as we are so intent on counting. Therefore, find a quiet spot, create an oasis, sit down & just breath. Discover your inner athlete which is still there, even if you feel it's dormant. Give yourself permission to begin, and acknowledge that your not competing with yourself; but give yourself credit for attempting to start. One foot in front of the other..leads to the walk down the pathway; and it all begins with one step, or breath of life forward.
Step 2. Rediscover some core basics: You may not be a fan of what I'm going to suggest- and you've heard it all before. Get back to the basics of push-ups and sit-ups. Yes..groan. We have all we need -no fancy or expensive equipment necessary. Find the floor or wall, and get re-acquainted. Grab the yoga mat stowed away under the bed; and rev those arms up. Push-ups on the floor or against the wall, they matter; and yes, by the way, don't forget to breath, as you recently learned in Step 1. If your breathing, you can do a sit-up.
Step 3. Lastly, the dreaded sit-ups. You know the drill, you know how to get the blood flowing. Begin utilizing the floor or on the the balance ball. Feet up, feet down, hands under the head and up you go. Chin in position like your holding a tennis ball. Okay, say the Mantra slowly going up - FIT FOR LIFE, then down- FIT FOR LIFE . After 1 comes sit-up # 2. and so forth.
So, you've survived what appears to be the hard part of the Physical Part of Getting to the Heart of the Matter.. Well the good news is you've begin, the other news is you've only just begun, but it's a beginning; a recognition that you have the inner power of getting to the physical part of The Heart of The Matter. Only 27 days left in February to further your discovery of YOUR pathway to The Heart of The Matter. '
Stay tuned for more. Next, The Emotions of Getting to the Heart of the Matter.
Stay well, stay strong. Light and Warmth to you and yours. Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment